Bitch | Chris Rock on the Oscar slap: ‘I’m not talking about it until I get it

On Friday, the academy punished them for Will Smith. He will be banned from attending any Oscar or academy-related event for ten years. This means that even if he is nominated again in the future, he will not be able to take part in Oscars, Governors Awards or Academy Dinners or anything like that. Meanwhile, Chris Rock hasn’t said much about the slap yet. A few days after the Oscars, Rock’s latest standup tour began and he performed over the weekend in Indio, CA. Earlier, Rock said he was “still processing” what happened. He now tells his audience that he will talk about it when he pays:

The California-based paper quoted the comedian on the show Desert Sun Fantasy Springs: “I’m fine, I have a full show and I’m not talking about it. [the Will Smith incident] Until I get paid. Life is beautiful. I got my hearing back, ”he joked.

According to the outlet, attendees were not allowed to bring mobile phones into the building during the rock set, and locking pouches were provided for all mobile devices.

The actor had earlier mentioned the shocking Oscar incident during a stand-up set last week, telling viewers that he was “still processing” what happened.

[From The Independent]

TMZ believes that Rock may have left open the possibility of a lawsuit against Will Smith for the slap. I mean … it could happen, but I doubt it will. I think Rock was saying he would talk about it if he got a good offer for an interview. I doubt both Rock and Smith will have their likes with the interviewers, but my gut says Will is going to have to wait a few months before he can speak. On the other hand, I think Rock will probably speak first. We’ll see.

Embed from Getty Images

Photos courtesy of Instar, Avalon Red and Getty.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.